Most restaurants who do not take care of their restaurant costs undergo several and sometimes failures too. Most restaurants who are not able to manage their cafes aand suffer several losses as they are not able to keep their restaurant costs in check.
But the question is how you can keep your restaurant costs in check.
Some of the ways are :
- Tracking and managing inventory: Track and manage your inventory on daily basis. Your restaurant inventory is the main factor for which your restaurant is running. It is essential to track the stock in and stock out and the actual consumption of your inventory throught the day. Inventory management system will also help you in forecasting the actual requirement of inventory in your restaurant.
- Analysing stock requirements: It helps in analysing the stock requirements. It helps in letting know all the stock requirements like low stock alert, high stock alert , stock expiry alert etc.
- Controlling wastage through portion control: You should take acre of the portion of food or ingredients you are adding to your dishes. It should not cross the limits. You should have the tools to measure the portion and correct process to control the size of the portion to comtrol the price.
- Controlling labour cost by reducing employee turnover: Control your labour cost by reducing employee turnover rate. Hiring a restaurant staff needs a lot of resources, starting from conducting the interviews for recruiting them to training them for the job. It takes lot of things.
- Automating the manual processes: Accepting and placing orders have always been a very labour intensive process. But when done manually it leaves scope for manual mistakes and also consumes time. A smart restaurant management system which automates the entire ordering and billing procedure reduces the need for human resource required to perform these tasks.
I hope this blog helped you with all the queries and told you about how you can keep restaurant costs in check.